COPE Course #41021-GL/ COPE Event #107145
2 CE credits available.
Instructor: Kristi Jensen, OD, FCOVD, College of Optometry, Western University of Health Sciences
This online course will show you how to comprehensively examine a young child from taking acuity to examining ocular health, including aspects of oculomotor ability, refraction and binocularity. It will highlight normative data and what findings could indicate a child is at risk. The course will also draw attention to current age guidelines for ophthalmic medications in the pediatric population.
- Review important patient history elements that may clue the practitioner in to what they may find during their examination
- Describe exam techniques that can aid in the assessment of a young child
- State normative data for each of the exam elements
- Identify findings that indicate a child may be at risk for amblyopia or a learning related visual dysfunction
- Discuss current age guidelines and dosing for ophthalmic medications in young children
Your registration fee entitles you to 30 days of unlimited access to a lecture presentation recorded by Dr. Jensen. To see a brief demo of one of our lecture presentations, select Demo (requires Flash). Your subscription also includes unlimited access to the posttest, which you can take as many times as you need to in order to pass the course.
Click the “Add to cart” button to sign up for this course. If you have not registered for a course before, an email will be sent to you with your new account information so you can log into the course anytime during the subscription period.