COPE Course #:46655GL/ COPE Event # 109976
1 CE credit available.
Instructor: David Cale, OD, FAAO, Associate Professor, College of Optometry, Western University of Health Sciences
Course description: This course will provide a strong foundation for recognizing and managing patients at risk for angle closure.
- Identify patients at risk for angle closure based upon ethnicity, age, refractive error, and anterior segment anatomy.
- Discuss the mechanisms of angle closure
- Recognize the symptoms and course of different classifications of angle closure.
- List treatments for acute angle closure along with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Discuss arguments (including risk/benefit) for prophylactic iris iridotomy and other treatment options of patients with various levels of risk for angle closure.
- Identify safe dilation criteria and protocol.
Your registration fee entitles you to 30 days of unlimited access to a lecture presentation recorded by Dr. Jensen. To see a brief demo of one of our lecture presentations, select Demo (requires Flash). Your subscription also includes unlimited access to the posttest, which you can take as many times as you need to in order to pass the course.
Click the “Add to cart” button to sign up for this course. If you have not registered for a course before, an email will be sent to you with your new account information so you can log into the course anytime during the subscription period.