Welcome to our Glaucoma Didactic Certification Course! Successful completion of this course meets the requirements for glaucoma regulations as stated in California SB 1406, section 1571(3), and provides up 24 credits of continuing education.
In this course you will:
- Review and understand the anatomy and physiology of the eye, specific to glaucoma
- Differentially diagnose and appropriately classify the various types of glaucoma
- Evaluate the current therapeutic options and explore recent improvements in the treatment of glaucoma
- Diagnose and stage glaucoma appropriately while assessing the individual risk factors associated with the disease
- Appropriately evaluate and refer patients for medical and surgical consultation.
The content of the course is provided through links to Video Presentations that were recorded as part of a three day on-site workshop. These links can be found on our Course Content page, along with links to supportive documentation such as Course Summaries. You can view these presentations at your own pace, and review them as often as needed during the 90-day subscription period.
Once you have viewed the video presentations, you will need to take the 100-item multiple choice posttest to demonstrate successful achievement of the course objectives. You must score 70% or better to pass the course. If you score less than 70%, you can return to the video presentations to review any material you may have missed and retake the test as many times as needed.
When you are ready to take the test, go to our 24-Hour Glaucoma Didactic Certification Course – Quizze page and follow the instructions provided. When you have passed the test, you will receive email confirmation that you have completed the course and can submit it to your accreditation agency to claim your CE units.
NOTE: This course will be active for 90 days from the date you receive your log in information. If you do not complete the course and pass the test before the subscription period ends, you will need to re-register and pay the full course registration fee to access the course materials.