You are Not Enrolled in this Course.
[COPE Course #40048-PS/Event #106572]
1 CE credits available.
Instructor: Linda Pang , OD, FAAO, Associate Professor, College of Optometry, Western University of Health Sciences
This course reviews retinitis pigmentosa and provides detailed information about the atypical forms of retinitis pigmentosa, systemic associations of RP, and updates in research studies & clinical trials.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Review typical RP
- Identify the various atypical forms of RP
- Recognize the functional impact, signs, symptoms, and fundus appearance of each variant of RP
- Appreciate the benefits of electrodiagnostic testing for diagnosis
- Be aware of prognosis for each condition
- Understand the systemic associations related to RP
- Be aware of treatment options
- Knowledge in current research studies & clinical trials
- Update in retinal prosthesis systems, neuro-protection, nutritional supplementation, stem cell and gene therapies
Your registration fee entitles you to 30 days of unlimited access to a lecture presentation recorded by Dr. Lonsberry. To see a brief demo of one of our lecture presentations, select Demo (requires Flash). Your subscription also includes unlimited access to the posttest, which you can take as many times as you need to in order to pass the course.